For Northwest Artists only. We are curating new artworks for 2015/16 catalog. Artworks selected will be licensed. Submit your artwork for consideration today. Due Feb. 20, 2015
Here is what we are looking for:
1. Spring color palettes. No red. Below is an example of the palette and artworks from our 2012 collection that incorporated these colors in creative ways.
2. Groupings of 3-5 images in same size ratio that can be installed as a set (series). We need to fill very large walls, so we often install a grouping of artworks down corridors or in large public areas.
3. Works of art that can be reproduced large. That means that the scan or photo must be taken of a fairly large original. It does depend on the medium however. We often reproduce images on materials such as wallpaper and plexiglas as large as 144″ high or more!
4. Any 2-D medium even pastels are beautiful when reproduced on different surfaces like canvas or plex. So mediums like digital arts, photography, pastels, oils, acrylic, monoprints, multi media, collage, and whatever else you can dream up are perfect for reproductions.
5. Artwork inspired by nature. Humans are hardwired to find nature calming and healing, it maybe a link to our prehistoric days, but whatever the reason, images of nature whether they be abstracted landscapes, photos, impressionistic paintings, or detailed doodles of water, trees, mountains, animals, vistas, views, and anything having to do with nature has been proven to help people heal by lowering blood pressure and reducing heart rates. To see examples, go to www.studioartdirect.com art search. And learn more about Evidenced Based Design (the link between art and healing).
6. Abstracted landscapes are very popular with our clients. And I really need to add more artworks that are like this. To get an idea of some nice abstracts and compositions that I really am looking for, go to my Pinterest page and click on board ART WANTED.
7. Lyrical abstracts with uplifting colors and soft curving lines are popular. Almost non objective, these types of abstracts have something in them the viewer can identify with – a hint or suggestion of an object. Go to my Pinterest page and click on board ART WANTED for examples.
8. Art with words. I am curating art for a hotel themed “sleeping with words.” This is also a big trend in art right now. So artworks that incorporate words, sentences, paragraphs, book collage, etc. are in demand. Think Cy Twombly with a little less abstraction.
9. Botanical photography. We are specifically searching for monochromatic and desaturarted neutral palettes of live flora botanicals including micro shots. Images must: Bleed to edges; have the ability to print to at least 144″ high at 150 dpi; have an abundance of negative space with soft background; have clarity of main subject matter which contrasts with background; include simple organic forms and shapes, may be abstract but must reveal details viewer can relate to, and be calm restful and reflective. To see examples, click photography only art wanted presentation 2015
a. You must be an artist residing in the Pacific Northwest
b. Art must be currently available for high resolution scanning
c. Selected artists will sign a 3-year licensing agreement
d. You must follow submission guidelines or your work will not be considered
e. You may enter up to 5 images. They must reflect our request above.
HOW TO SUBMIT – Deadline Feb. 20, 2015
To submit your art for consideration, please email the following information to email@example.com or call assistant curator Cindy Bricca (808) 352-3820
Your email must include:
1. Subject line to read: Submission
2. Attach up to (5) low res jpegs of images currently available for high resolution scanning or capture. Images must reflect our request above.
3. Title each jpeg by the title of you art work
2. In body of email, include the Title of art, the size of original, and the medium.
3. Include ALL of your contact information including your name, phone, address, email and website.
4. OR, if you can, create a PDF with all above information. A PDF helps us save all the information we have on you in one easy file.
Submission deadline is Feb. 20, 2015. Only submissions we are interested in will be responded to. For those accepted, we will contact you with further information about licensing and answer all of your questions in a personal conversation.